jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQLException "Data too long" using SimpleDbPersistenceManager/MySQL
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:27:43 GMT
Hi Stefan and thanks for the explanations!

There is no panic, but everybody should be able to understand this before going into production
:-).

I guess this is very good knowledge for everybody:

[quote]
30k child nodes to one single node per normal blob entry. If you think that your structure
will
overpass this number (which is completely unrecommended) you can customize the blob size (at
least
with MySQL, Derby)
[/quote]

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

#: Stefan Guggisberg changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 4/20/2006 12:02
PM) :#