jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQLException "Data too long" using SimpleDbPersistenceManager/MySQL
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:47:15 GMT
#: Brian Moseley changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 4/19/2006 7:07 PM)
:#
> On 4/19/06, Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am wondering if this problem may occur with Derby too?
>
> yes, it does. derby's default blob size is 1M, iirc.

I would really like to better understand what may go wrong here. Please stop me at what point
I am
going wrong:

1/ The blob is used to persist a NodeState. A NodeState's heavy part is the ChildNodeEntries.

2/ ChildNodeEntries is mainly a double map of ChildNodeEntry

3/ a ChildNodeEntry is mainly NodeId.

4/ a NodeId is maily 2 long-s => 128bits

So, in order to meet the limitations of the DB schema, we should have a node that has as many

children as a serialized LinkedMap, HashMap of ChildNodeEntry will fill the length of the
field.

Is this the correct computation?

./alex
--