jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: [WebDav] change IOmanager to read IOHandlers in the config.xml
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:01:57 GMT
hi jérémi

jeremi joslin wrote:
> For the moment, the IOhandlers are loaded by the IOmanager and the
> IOmanager is loaded from the configuration file. Is it possible to
> change the default IOmanager to read the configuration file for

the reason for not having this so far was, that i would
rather not want a huge, complex config such as the one
we had before with the command-chains. second i have the
feeling that most of the time the io-handlers will need
to be in specific order and its not sensible to combine
all kind of handlers. however these logic is obvious only
from the code (or the javadoc) and it may not be possible
to make this clear to the user that modifies the config.
but maybe this is overcareful ;)

bref: it shouldn't be a problem to do so and we could extend
the io-manager config section in order to allow for defining
the handlers. feel free to provide a proposal.

kind regards
angela