jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Indexes for contents outside the repository.
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 06:53:53 GMT
hsp wrote:
> Extending this thread, while have anyone to opine it.
> I know that only the content (properties and binary under nt:resource) are automatically
indexed by jackrabbit for searches, and of course these contents must have be in the repository
for the method get works...
> I would to know if its possible to extend the jackrabbit (core maybe?), to do an index
for contents that in fact are represented by a link to. Maybe the implementation get the real
content of the file (represented by link) locally for reasons to run the indexer and not store
this content into the repository. In case of a query search, in the results will be the value
under jcr:data with the link to the file.
> Like google, you know...

if the link is stored as nt:resource you can write a text filter which
then provides a text representation of whatever you like.

regards
  marcel