jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Status of jcr-server
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:30:24 GMT
Brian Moseley wrote:
>> I'm still confused. Is this a limitation of the "simple" server, or one
>> of the backends?
>
> sorry. when i said "back end", i was referring to the "simple server"
> and "jcr remoting server" implementations of the jcr-server
> interfaces.  the implementation of simple server exists in order to
> offer webdav protocol access to a repository full of nt:folder and
> nt:file nodes. it does not offer any other options.

OK, thanks for the clarification.

As far as I can tell this means that neither "jcr-server" (the thingy in
the "server" subdirectory) nor "simple-server" (the one on the "webapp"
subdirectory) will act as generic WebDAV servers: one exposes too much,
the other one too little of the capabilities of JCR.

So is a generic WebDAV server setup that could act as a drop-in
replacement for things such as Apache/mod_dav, IIS or Slide in scope of
this Apache activity, or would I need to start my own project for that?
(Understanding that Cosmo may be part of the answer :-)

Best regards, Julian