jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Gonzalo Ruiz <gr...@germinus.com>
Subject Re: Multiple workspaces
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 14:14:58 GMT
Hello again Helio

I think two options are possible.

1) If you have only a single workspace in your repository, you can
access this through session object (default workspace). A workspace is
only a tree with nodes and properties.

If you need diferent data models for each application, you can make a
subtree in the workspace per each applicattion, or use the same model.

But there is a problem. If you only use a single workspace, you only can
use a single Persister tied with this workspace.

2) If you use multiple workspaces, you could have separate trees for
each application, and you could use several Persisters for each
workspaces (DatabasePersisters, FileSystemPersisters, etc)

To access these workspaces, you have to write a workspace.xml,
configuration file per each workspace,  and open a new session with the
desired workspace to manage the nodes and properties.

I hope, we could help each other.

Regards

>Sorry if my question wasn't clear...so,
>I would to enable a repository server (running in a especific machine with configuration
for all workspaces needed, one per webapp using the repository) with a application running
like a engine for all different webapp running in another webcontainner of another machines.
>But, if there is the possibility to make a repository with only one workspace for different
applications use, I think it is so less complex, then I'll re-think about it.