jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Status of jcr-server
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 12:51:50 GMT
Hi.

I just spent some time starting to get familiar with JCR in general, and
with Jackrabbit and jcr-server in particular. Now that everything is up
and running (built from svn, running in Tomcat 5.0.x, just with all the
default settings), I've started to look into the actual WebDAV server
implementation.

First step was to run the generic test suite Litmus
(<http://www.webdav.org/neon/litmus/>), which currently reports a range
of failures, some of which seem to be trivial (non wellformed request
bodies not rejected with status 400), some not (such as If header
evaluation problems, PROPPATCH tests all failing).

In the mid-term, I'd like to contribute to jcr-server, both in fixing
compliance problems, but also in adding features (Redirect support?
Property datatype support). For now, what's the best way to start? If
I'm sure I found an actual problem in the code, should I open a bug
report over at <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR>, then try to
provide a patch?

Also, what are the current goals for jcr-server? Is it just a
proof-of-concept, or is it supposed to become a fully compliant
implementation of the applicable RFCs? Is it supposed to follow the
changes in RFC2518bis as well?

Best regards,

Julian