jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Mixin values.
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 08:26:51 GMT
hsp wrote:
> So, let me see if I got what you said. I have to store in the user
> nodes a propertie per each node the user has rights to access, for
> ex: Node user=getnode(userid); user.setProperty(nodeid,"read/write");
>

> Would be nearly this way? So the query will test if the usernode has
> the property with the nodeid name and the value with the right
> allowed.

As I wrote in an earlier post, I suggest you should *not* use a query to
  find access control information. performance will probably suffer if a
query is called on every item access.

Using the node id as a property name allows you to use the regular api
to get the access control you are looking for.

regards
  marcel