jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From gruiz <gr...@germinus.com>
Subject Re: Multiple workspaces
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 07:55:39 GMT
Hi hsp!

>I want to know if is there possible that , in model 3 of deployment, I can have only one
repository that has one workspace per each webapp that is in another web container.

I can't understand very well your first question. You can have a
repository which several workspaces, each one in a different machine. It
depends of the persister you use. For instance you can have a repository
with 2 workspaces. You can use a "SimpleDBPersister" in a remote
database server for a workspace, and a "fileSistemPersister" in your
machine for another workspace.

>Another doubt is if it is possible to make a search that searches in all workspaces the
repository has.
>Many Tks.
>Helio

When you search nodes and properties in a repository, first, you have to
connect to this. To connect is necesary to call Repository.login, and
then you get the session object.

The session object is tied to a workspace in the repository. Then you
only can search nodes in a workspace per session.

Regards