jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Cédric Damioli <cedric.dami...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: query feature extensions
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:11:06 GMT
Marcel Reutegger a écrit :
> Jackrabbit currently supports a limited set of XPath features,
> basically the mandatory feature set as specified by jsr-170 plus some
> extended capability where predicates can stated.
>
> I would like to invite everyone (or at least whoever is interested...)
> to put together a list of 3 query features that are missing the most
> in jsr-170/jackrabbit regarding XPath support. Of course you may post
> a longer list but I'm primarily interested in getting a feeling where
> the priorities are.
>
> e.g. here is my list:
>
> 1) child axis support in predicates. See also:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-247
>
> 2) fn:name() and some of the functions for substring matching
> This allows more sophisticated matching of node names. currently only
> '*' and exact name are possible.
>
> 3) union operator
> searching only under certain nodes excluding the jcr:system node is
> currently not possible. Using union operator would allow this.
>
> regards
>  marcel

My two first points would be same as yours :

1) Add more axis support (child axis and maybe ascendant axis, to be
able to construct queries such as "//element(*, whatever)/..")
2) To be able to query Nodes names.

And I would add :

3) To be able to order on Node names (eg "//* order by fn:name()"), and
also to be able to choose the case sensibility of a query ordering (eg
"//* order by @whatever case insensitive")

Regards,

--
Cédric Damioli