jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Mixin values.
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 07:53:53 GMT
hsp wrote:
> Let's supose I need to store in a useraccess propertie of myapp:user
> node type two values: itemId and kindRight (concatenated..., maybe).
> Will I get success using the propertie associating it with mixin
> (multiple values)? So the user Node Helio, has the propertie
> useraccess with the values:  '1234,read', '1235,write', ... I must
> store the multi values into the useracess propertie like a row in a
> table, and when test access rights in a node, first I have got to
> find if the id of that node is stored in any value of the propertie
> (useraccess) and in the string that contains the nodeid has the
> proper right too (read, write,...), ok?? I can do this with a query
> by xpath, searching in the node with the id for that user, if
> contains a string in that propertie...Am I right?
 >
> So, this way I can do my security verifications, before any
> operations, ok?

using a query in this case is technically possible, but I doubt that
executing a query on each item access will perform reasonably.

I rather recommend to re-arrange your access control structure in a way
that allows you to address them directly. e.g. use the item id as a
property name that contains the access right value?

regards
  marcel