jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject query feature extensions
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 07:13:00 GMT
Jackrabbit currently supports a limited set of XPath features, basically
the mandatory feature set as specified by jsr-170 plus some extended
capability where predicates can stated.

I would like to invite everyone (or at least whoever is interested...)
to put together a list of 3 query features that are missing the most in
jsr-170/jackrabbit regarding XPath support. Of course you may post a
longer list but I'm primarily interested in getting a feeling where the
priorities are.

e.g. here is my list:

1) child axis support in predicates. See also:

2) fn:name() and some of the functions for substring matching
This allows more sophisticated matching of node names. currently only
'*' and exact name are possible.

3) union operator
searching only under certain nodes excluding the jcr:system node is
currently not possible. Using union operator would allow this.

regards
  marcel