jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From thomasg <thomasgascoi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Is doc addition / indexing synchronous or asynchronous?
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 10:46:59 GMT

Hi,

My query is just a search for a word that is in the one document that I add:
Query query =
queryManager.createQuery("/jcr:root//element(*,nt:resource)[jcr:contains(.,'Quantum')]",
Query.XPATH);
Returns one hit but is still slow (38secs), must be waiting for the indexing
to happen or some other task before it can run, i am adding a big doc
(45MB)?

I tried the change of persistence manager, the call to session.save() goes
up a lot!
Results:
XMLPersistenceManager: 10687ms
DerbyPersistenceManager: 32328ms
InMemPersistenceManager: 10219ms
ObjectPersistenceManager: 10776ms

I would have expected the InMem to be significantly quicker. I'm using
LocalFileSystem, should I change this?

Thanks, Thomas
Sent from the Jackrabbit - Dev forum at Nabble.com.