jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From thomasg <thomasgascoi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Is doc addition / indexing synchronous or asynchronous?
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 11:31:41 GMT

Hi,
I'm using:
<FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
            <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}"/>
</FileSystem>
<PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.xml.XMLPersistenceManager" />

Don't think I'm using transactions. How do you use transactions? (brief
answer ok)

I think my figures were wrong:
The 1 min for 50MB was for the whole process of adding, text extraction,
indexing and running a query. I've retimed the call to session.save() as
9937ms (dropping to 2593ms when filters removed). The call to
query.execute() is timed at 38859ms! Guess it must have to wait for the
indexing to complete before it runs?
Thomas

Sent from the Jackrabbit - Dev forum at Nabble.com.