jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Moseley" <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: Status of jcr-server
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 16:00:04 GMT
On 4/5/06, Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com> wrote:

> - its a configuration issue that nt:file serves as non-collection
>    by default. for a simple dav-view on top of the jsr170
>    reference implementation this definitely makes sense.
>
> - how a MKCOL and a PUT is translated to the calls on the
>    JCR170 repository is a matter of the IOManager used for
>    import/export. the IOManager again can be configured.

my point is that julian does not get everything he needs out of the
box to support custom properties with only configuration changes. he
needs to

1) define and register new node types that allow custom properties
2) provide new IOManager/IOHandler/whatever that set and read the
custom properties
3) tweak a config file to make jcr-server use his new io classes
rather than the defaults

> - basically for level 1,2 compliance you would not have to create
>    your own DavResource implementation. additional RFC have not
>    be implemented for the simple stuff as noone claimed for it
>    (see mail conversation with jeremi).

ok, fair enough, you aren't required to. i'd suggest it, however. for
a while i've been feeling the pain of a single DavResource
implementation representing both collections and non-collection
resources, and the pain gets more intense when you start accounting
for new resource types like calendar collections.