jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Moseley" <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: Status of jcr-server
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:25:48 GMT
On 4/4/06, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:

> Brian, thanks for the additional information. I do understand that
> there'll be backends that do not offer all the features, and yes, I
> think it's absolutely fine to expose these kinds of resources through
> WebDAV (witness all the history of discussions on the WebDAV mailing
> list :-).
>
> As a newbie to this code, I was trying to understand what I need to do
> to configure a system that *does* support custom properties (otherwise
> it's pretty pointless to run compliance test suites).

there's no simple configuration change you can make. you'd have to:

1) define new node types that allow custom properties
2) provide an alternate implementation of DavResource (and perhaps a
few other interfaces) and at least one new io handler that store nodes
of your newly defined types

> I'm still confused. Is this a limitation of the "simple" server, or one
> of the backends?

sorry. when i said "back end", i was referring to the "simple server"
and "jcr remoting server" implementations of the jcr-server
interfaces.  the implementation of simple server exists in order to
offer webdav protocol access to a repository full of nt:folder and
nt:file nodes. it does not offer any other options.