jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Hagen" <dha...@h1-software.de>
Subject SQLException "Data too long" using SimpleDbPersistenceManager/MySQL
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:54:25 GMT
Hi,

I noticed a problem during a test using the SimbpleDbPersistenceManager and
MySQL 5.0.
Strangely enough this problem occurred only after some nodes (~25000) where
created in the repository.

Now I receive the following error when creating a node:

ERROR org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.SimpleDbPersistenceManager -
failed to write node state: ea7f3f8b-97fe-450d-8a8a-2b6d84c711c1
java.sql.SQLException: Data too long for column 'NODE_DATA' at row 1
	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2921)
	at
com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement.serverExecute(ServerPreparedStatement
.java:1085)
	at
com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement.executeInternal(ServerPreparedStateme
nt.java:670)
	at
com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1159)
	at
com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1076)
	at
com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1061)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.SimpleDbPersistenceManager.store(SimpleD
bPersistenceManager.java:585)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.AbstractPersistenceManager.store(AbstractPe
rsistenceManager.java:75)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.SimpleDbPersistenceManager.store(SimpleD
bPersistenceManager.java:446)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager$Update.end(SharedIte
mStateManager.java:569)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.update(SharedItemSta
teManager.java:692)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.LocalItemStateManager.update(LocalItemState
Manager.java:315)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.XAItemStateManager.update(XAItemStateManage
r.java:322)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.LocalItemStateManager.update(LocalItemState
Manager.java:291)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SessionItemStateManager.update(SessionItemS
tateManager.java:257)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemImpl.save(ItemImpl.java:1189)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.java:805)

Am I missing some MySQL Parameters I have to set?

The ddl I used to create the tables is

create table default_NODE (NODE_ID char(36) not null, NODE_DATA blob not
null) TYPE=InnoDB;
create unique index default_NODE_IDX on default_NODE (NODE_ID);
create table default_PROP (PROP_ID varchar(255) not null, PROP_DATA blob not
null) TYPE=InnoDB;
create unique index default_PROP_IDX on default_PROP (PROP_ID);
create table default_REFS (NODE_ID char(36) not null, REFS_DATA blob not
null) TYPE=InnoDB;
create unique index default_REFS_IDX on default_REFS (NODE_ID);
create table default_BINVAL (BINVAL_ID varchar(255) not null, BINVAL_DATA
longblob not null) TYPE=InnoDB;
create unique index default_BINVAL_IDX on default_BINVAL (BINVAL_ID);

Does anybody have a clue as to what is going wrong?
I will gladly provide more information (logs etc) if required.

Regards

Daniel