jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "hsp" <piccina...@ibest.com.br>
Subject Re: Indexes for contents outside the repository.
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:43:35 GMT
Extending this thread, while have anyone to opine it.
I know that only the content (properties and binary under nt:resource) are automatically indexed
by jackrabbit for searches, and of course these contents must have be in the repository for
the method get works...
I would to know if its possible to extend the jackrabbit (core maybe?), to do an index for
contents that in fact are represented by a link to. Maybe the implementation get the real
content of the file (represented by link) locally for reasons to run the indexer and not store
this content into the repository. In case of a query search, in the results will be the value
under jcr:data with the link to the file.
Like google, you know...

Tks
Helio

>Let me share my dilema with you.
>We have an CVS repository, where we put the project files and documentation in.
>I have to make a repository that will have the contents the applications will need, but
for reason to do not duplicate the files already in CVS and that have got to be available
in the repository (visible by the application like the files were in the repository, but they
are in CVS).
>If the problem was only this, ok, only just creating a propertie with the link to file
in CVS will at first solve it. But these files that is visible by application repository and
in fact are in CVS, must be fulltext searcheable....
>Any thoughts for this case? Can I do a index for these files, as like they were in repository,
and by a query in jackrabbit I would find the files that has the content I am looking for?