jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "hsp" <piccina...@ibest.com.br>
Subject Re: Location for binary contents
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:22:40 GMT
So, the place for the blob files must be, or only can be, in the same tree of jboss files where
is the Repository Server. About the db, ok, it can be on another independent machine.
The only issue I think in store blob outside the db is referente to backup methods. The blob
in filesystem is faster to search and manipulate than if it is stored in a db.

>Hi again Helio.
>
>I think is possible to separate:
>
>- Web container in a machine
>- Repository and Data Storage in another machine
>- MetaData about the Nodes and properties in a DataBase in another machine
>
>With JCRServer, you can configure a remote repository, with a workspace
>with SimpleDBPersister for metadata. You can store this metadata in a
>DataBase in the same or in another machine setting the parameters. For
>example:
>

>In the workspace.xml configuration file, you can set "externalBLOBs"
>parameter true. Then you could have:
>
>*Web
>Container with                   JCRServer                    DataBase
>applications                        *(Where you
>*Server*
>(Configured to  ------------------>    save binary files  ------>
>(MetaData)
>connect with                            in a file System)
>JCRServer)
>
>Regards
>
>>Here I go again, another question to clarify my mind about jackrabbit configuration.
>>In a workspace I can configure the content to be stored parcial in a db (metadata)
and the binary files in a filesystem. In this case the directory with the indexes and also
with the blob files will be locate in some like this: /usr/lib/jboss4/bin/myrepository...
>>I would to know if the structure, starting in "myrepository" would be in another location,
such as a storage system in another machine, thats is not the same the machine running the
container web where the repository application server is.