jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Scheffler <thomas.scheff...@uni-jena.de>
Subject Re: query feature extensions
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:29:05 GMT
Am Montag, 3. April 2006 09:13 schrieb Marcel Reutegger:
> Jackrabbit currently supports a limited set of XPath features, basically
> the mandatory feature set as specified by jsr-170 plus some extended
> capability where predicates can stated.
>
> I would like to invite everyone (or at least whoever is interested...)
> to put together a list of 3 query features that are missing the most in
> jsr-170/jackrabbit regarding XPath support. Of course you may post a
> longer list but I'm primarily interested in getting a feeling where the
> priorities are.
>
> e.g. here is my list:
>
> 1) child axis support in predicates. See also:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-247

+1 for this one. This is my most missed function because it shifts to much
logic to the application, e.g. to remove double hits afterwards. IMHO it
should had been included in the standard. This feature should also be
included in the Ordering Specifier (6.6.3.5) then, which is currently also
limited to the attribute axis. So another +1 for enhancing the Ordering
Specifier.

regards

Thomas