jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: my custom access manager
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:55:25 GMT
On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 13:35 +0200, Paco Avila wrote:
> I am developing my custom AccessManager for my jacrabbit based project.
> User access information is stored in the Nodes. So, I need to access
> this Node Properties in my custom AccessManager. But I can't because
> this property access is also checked for security access and will loop
> until infinite :(
> How can I access this properties without invoking the AccessManager
> again?

I think it's the general concensus that the best way to implement node
stored ACLs in jackrabbit 1.0 is to set up a repository listener at
application start-up that logs in with special credentials that your
access manager recognises and honours. This listener then keeps a map
ACLs, keyed on nodeid, which your access manager uses to get at ACLs
when authorising operations on nodes.

Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com>

View raw message