jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Mixin values.
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 13:14:41 GMT
On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 10:07 -0300, hsp wrote:

> Anyway, following your example, when I want to give access to a node
> with id=XXX to an user USER, I must create a new propertie, called XXX
> into the node the USER belongs to, for ex:

> >On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 10:26 +0200, Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> >>
> >> Using the node id as a property name allows you to use the regular
> >> api
> >> to get the access control you are looking for.

Marcel is talking about storing the acl in a map keyed on the nodeid.
That map would then be externally to the repository itself and you don't
have to do any repository query / lookup to retrieve the acl.

It's still possible to store acl's in the repository and just update an
external map using a listerener on the repository. This listener would
then read the data in the way you suggest and update the map.

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com>