jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Copy versioned nodes
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 11:49:37 GMT
hi thomas,

> I think there are use cases to keep history *and* to "forget" history.
> What would be nice is to let do both.
agreed. and in the context of multiple workspaces both is possible.
clone() keeps the history, copy() doesn't

looking at your use case i would really recommend to have at least two
workspaces. in my opinion your use case is exactly what workspaces
are intended to be used for.

> Even though it can be done by ourself, there is a performance issue with that.
> That said, if i am the only one who needs that, it does not worth the pain.
well, your use case is certainly a frequent one. i doubt that copying
the version history is necessary to accomplish what you would like
to achieve.

regardless, i find the topic of being able to copy a version history
is worth a discussion in the jsr-283 expert group and therefore take
all the input from this mailing list into the jsr-283 expert group.

regards,
david