jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Copy versioned nodes
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 11:27:40 GMT
hi miro

thanks for the thoughtful input.

> Is there any way we could get an "update-without-subtree" into the API.
> We'd be quite happy to write it ourselves, but I'm not sure how we could
> do that given the spec is fixed...?
while v1.0 is "fixed", v2.0 (aka. jsr-283) is certainly looking for
suggestions like that... also if the jackrabbit community thinks that
this is a useful feature to begin with then we of course can extend
jackrabbit beyond the spec to support that.

having said that, i think it could also well be a matter of structuring
the hierarchy in a slightly different way, so content that needs to
be "updated" does not have children that do not need to be updated
at the same time.

regards,
david