jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: document order related questions
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:20:02 GMT
On 3/31/06, Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.bocanegra@day.com> wrote:
> > Should I read in the above that the document order is in fact the
> > order in which the child nodes are added? Is this the correct
> > definition of "document order"?
> yes, it is the order of nodes you get from a ".getNodes()" call.

I know that this may look really bad from my side: but what is the
order of nodes you get from getNodes() call? This is exactly the
vicious circle I was mentioning in the first mail:

The document order is the order in which getNodes() returns the
nodes.... and getNodes() must respect the document order.

If we agree that document order is the order in which the nodes where
added, than this vicious circle vanishes, but otherwise it is still
there.

Sorry for these questions, but with all my efforts I haven't been able
to give a good explanation to this and the answers so far are on the
same initial confusion page I have started with :-(.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.