jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.cl...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Copy versioned nodes
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 12:59:52 GMT
One additional note:

It would be fine to record the "lineage" of the new version-history
created by the copy, by adding a property to the version-history that
is a reference to the version from which that new version-history was
created.
We could call it the "copy-source" property.  This copy-source property
would
give folks all the information they need, without violating the change-set

invariant.  Someone that wants to reconstruct the "cross-copy history",
could
do so by traversing both predecessor references and copy-source
references.  If
we want to doubly link the data structure, we could add a
"copy-destination"
reference, that is the inverse of the copy-source reference.

Cheers,
Geoff

"David Nuescheler" <david.nuescheler@gmail.com> wrote on 03/03/2006
04:43:22 AM: