jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Miro Walker" <miro.wal...@cognifide.com>
Subject RE: Fwd: Copy versioned nodes
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 11:43:17 GMT
Hi David,

Yeah - rewriting the whole data schema is a bit scary at this stage in
the project, although we may consider it for a later release. It's also
something I was reluctant to do, as having the content schema reflect
the true hierarchy of the content was one of the benefits we started off
with. If we change from parent-child relationships to reference
relationships, a lot of the argument for using a hierarchical model in
the first place becomes much weaker.

Miro

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nuescheler [mailto:david.nuescheler@gmail.com]
Sent: 03 March 2006 11:28
To: Miro Walker
Cc: alex.moore@logical-content.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Copy versioned nodes

hi miro

thanks for the thoughtful input.

> Is there any way we could get an "update-without-subtree" into the
API.
> We'd be quite happy to write it ourselves, but I'm not sure how we
could
> do that given the spec is fixed...?
while v1.0 is "fixed", v2.0 (aka. jsr-283) is certainly looking for
suggestions like that... also if the jackrabbit community thinks that
this is a useful feature to begin with then we of course can extend
jackrabbit beyond the spec to support that.

having said that, i think it could also well be a matter of structuring
the hierarchy in a slightly different way, so content that needs to
be "updated" does not have children that do not need to be updated
at the same time.

regards,
david