jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Slater <li...@humanesoftware.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit JCA with Jencks and Tomcat
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 01:00:15 GMT
Well, the problem I'm getting doesn't appear to be localized to
Jackrabbit or JDO, so I'm guessing its a Jenks issue. I'll ask the
users there for more help.

But I did have an interesting thought that people here may have an
answer for. Right now, I'm using two databases in the same PostgreSQL
installation:

jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/jdo_objects
jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/jcr_objects

If I were to set jackrabbit and JDO to use the same database:
jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/project_objects

Would I be able to use non-XA transactions and have rollbacks apply
to Jackrabbit and JDO? Are there any implications for Jackrabbit if
it stores some data in a transaction which is then rolled back by
another framework (assuming that all persistence managers are
SimpleDbPersistenceManager)?

In the long run, I do want to be able to use different databases for
JCR and JDO; I think it will be more scalable and better performing.
But I could get away with a single database for a few more months...
maybe the issue I'm getting would sort itself out by then.

Thanks!

Mark