jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject move site outside of maven?
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 21:00:04 GMT
I am increasingly finding that 95% or more of the maven generated
information is too detailed and changes too often to be useful for
a real site.  In particular, the generators randomly change anchor
names for no good reason, which makes oversight of documentation
impossible.  I also find the content of the maven generated info,
such as the list of project devs, to be mostly useless and not
very configurable.

I am thinking of switching to plain Anakia for the site and using
hand-crafted XML pages for project information. We can then manually
publish the javadocs on a per-major-version basis.
Are there any objections to that?

We need to update the README files.  In particular, we should be
giving credit to everyone whose work has made it into the product,
whereas right now we only list the credits for the initial commit.
Perhaps we should move that stuff to a CHANGES.txt file?

....Roy