jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange non-failure error during unit testing
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:00:41 GMT
hi mark
thanks for reporting this issue! it's indeed a bug. i fixed it in
svn r389129.

cheers
stefan

On 3/25/06, Mark Slater <mark@analogsoftware.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this matters (as in, for all I know, its a hiccup in
> the JVM and nothing to do with Jackrabbit at all), but I just got a
> very strange error in the test phase of the build process:
>
>      [junit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed:
> 0.359 sec
>      [junit] Running org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.lock.TestAll
>      [junit] Tests run: 23, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed:
> 6.813 sec
>      [junit] Exception in thread "Thread-4"
> java.util.NoSuchElementException
>      [junit]     at
> org.apache.commons.collections.map.AbstractReferenceMap
> $ReferenceEntrySetIterator.nextEntry(AbstractReferenceMap.java:772)
>      [junit]     at
> org.apache.commons.collections.map.AbstractReferenceMap
> $ReferenceValuesIterator.next(AbstractReferenceMap.java:829)
>      [junit]     at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.shutdown
> (RepositoryImpl.java:858)
>      [junit]     at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository.shutdown
> (BindableRepository.java:257)
>      [junit]     at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository
> $1.run(BindableRepository.java:133)
>      [junit] Running org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.nodetype.TestAll
>      [junit] Tests run: 99, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed:
> 24.768 sec
>      [junit] Running org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.observation.TestAll
>      [junit] Tests run: 40, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed:
> 10.539 sec
>
> There were no errors that I could find before this, or after it, and
> no mention was made of it in any JUnit output files or log files that
> I could find. At the end, maven reported a successful build.
>
> I'm not particularly worried about it... a build I did just a few
> minutes before had no errors. The only thing that changed between the
> two was the removal of some logging statements in
> CustomNodeTypeConfig (I was trying to track down a null input stream
> exception).
>
> On one hand I thought about dismissing this out of hand since it
> doesn't seem to be reproducible (I tried a few times), but on the
> other, some of the nastiest bugs I've ever had to track down were
> sporadic and only showed up once in a very long while.
>
> Mark
>

Mime
View raw message