jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question regarding spec
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:38:01 GMT
hi giota

On 3/19/06, Giota Karadimitriou <Giota.Karadimitriou@eurodyn.com> wrote:
> Just a quick question regarding specs, JSR-170 says in the versioning
> chapter 8.2 Versioning:
>
> A compliant content repository may support versioning. This feature
> allows the state of a node to be recorded in such a way that it can
> later be restored. The versioning system is modelled after the Workspace
> Versioning and Configuration Management (WVCM) API defined by JSR 147.
>
> Did Jackrabbit model versioning according to the JSR 147 spec?

no, jackrabbit implements versioning support as specified by jsr 170 ;)

geoff clemm, the spec lead of jsr 147, is also a very active member of
the jsr 170 expert group. he's the main author the versioning part of
the jsr 170 spec. being the spec lead of jsr 147 i wanted to make sure
that versioning in jsr 147 & 170 are modeled as closely as possible.

cheers
stefan