jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: some small error found
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:24:20 GMT
hi giota,

On 3/13/06, Giota Karadimitriou <Giota.Karadimitriou@eurodyn.com> wrote:
> Hello Stefan,
>
> I just tried with a clean repository and it seems you are right, I do
> not get the null pointer exception any more. I had not cleaned up my
> repository after putting the new version of jackrabbit. It works fine
> for a clean repository.
>
> Sorry for the delay caused, please consider this issue closed.

no problem, thanks for the detailed bug report! keep up the good work.

cheers
stefan

>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
> Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 4:39 PM
> To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: some small error found
>
> hi giota
>
> i was unable to reproduce your problem. i used the following code for
> testing:
>
> Session session1 = r.login(new SimpleCredentials("johndoe",
> "".toCharArray()), "wsp1");
> Workspace wsp1 = session1.getWorkspace();
> Node fileNode = session1.getRootNode().getNode("/foo/bar/blah.txt");
> // node of type nt:file
>
> Session session2 = r.login(new SimpleCredentials("johndoe",
> "".toCharArray()), "wsp2");
> Workspace wsp2 = session2.getWorkspace();
>
> String dstPath = "/" + fileNode.getName();
> wsp2.clone(wsp1.getName(), fileNode.getPath(), dstPath, true);
>
> did you test with a 'fresh', i.e. an initially empty repository?
> can you provide a complete test class that i can use with an empty
> jackrabbit instance?
>
> cheers
> stefan
>
>
> On 3/10/06, Giota Karadimitriou <Giota.Karadimitriou@eurodyn.com> wrote:
> > I have been testing my application with jackrabbit 1.0 and found a
> small
> > error which causes a null pointer exception.
> >
> > Class org.apache.jackrabbit.core.BatchedItemOperations
> >
> > public void checkAddNode(.
> >
> > //line 576
> > // make sure parent node is not protected
> > < if (parentDef.isProtected()) {
> >
> > > if (parentDef!=null && parentDef.isProtected()) {
> >
> > I don't know the process, whether I should report to jira/file issue
> > that is why I write directly to the list
> >
> > The code that tested that is this below.
> > One must have 2 workspaces to run this and try to clone a node of the
> > first workspace under the root of the second:
> >
> >           String originalWorkspace = entry.getWorkspace();
> >           String originalPath = entry.getAbsolutePath();
> >           Session originalSession = getSession(originalWorkspace);
> >           Session session = getSession(secondWorkspace);
> >           log.debug("originalSession=" + originalSession);
> >           Node rnOriginal=originalSession.getRootNode();
> >           Node node=rnOriginal.getNode(originalPath.substring(1));
> >           log.debug("node=" + node);
> >           log.debug("session=" + session);
> >           Workspace ws = session.getWorkspace();
> >           log.debug("ws=" + ws.getName());
> >           String name=Util.getName(originalPath); //gets just the file
> > name
> >           log.debug("name=" + name);
> >           ws.clone(originalWorkspace, originalPath,
> >                   Constants.PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR + name, true);
> >           Node rn = session.getRootNode();
> >           log.debug("rn=" + rn);
> >           Node movedNode = rn.getNode(name);
> >           log.debug("movedNode=" + movedNode);
> >
> > regards,
> > Giota
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>

Mime
View raw message