jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Copy versioned nodes
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 07:41:11 GMT
hi thomas,
versions are not automatically copied.and you are correct, this is not
defined by the spec, because the idea is, that by copying your create
a new instance of a node, not a backup.
so, you need to do it yourself. the problem is, that versions cannot
be copied, since the entire version storage is read-only. so what you
need to do is to restore all versions of the original node, copy them
over to your new node, and check them in, one-by-one.

regards, toby

On 3/2/06, Thomas Heute <theute@jboss.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to copy versionable nodes using workspace.copy([...]) with the 0.9
> version of JackRabbit
>
> From what i experienced, only the latest revision seems to get copied.
> This is unfortunately not defined by the spec.
> What i would need is to copy all the versions or a version with a certain tag.
>
> Could you please confirm that i need to do the copy by myself ? Or should we
> change the way it is implemented in jackRabbit ? (Or did i miss something
> since i am fairly new with JSR 170/JackRabbit.
>

> Thanks in advance and thanks for the good work,
> Thomas.

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97