jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with web client and spaces
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:05:08 GMT
Hi,

On 3/21/06, Martin Perez <mpermar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, if the 1.0.1 is released soon it could be enough. I want to release my
> 1.0 version with Jackrabbit 1.0 version, but if 1.0.1 is released soon, I
> could release my 1.0 version with Jackrabbit 1.0.1 version. So, the answer
> is : "yes it is important, but maybe I could use the 1.0.1"

There's actually a list of small fixes like this that could either go
to 1.0 or to a 1.0.1 soon after. I've so far not included them in the
1.0 branch on the basis of the benefit/risk ratio not being high
enough. The issues are:

  [JCR-365] Web client/WebDAV fails to unescape workspace names
  [JCR-353] TransientRepository does not shutdown if first login fails
  [JCR-338] Query Builder and jcr:deref problem. Can't add predicate ...
  [JCR-333] NodeTypeDef depends on supertype ordering

Is there popular demand to have these fixes already in 1.0, or should
they be scheduled for a 1.0.1? Including them in 1.0 will delay the
release for about a week due to the need for an extra release
candidate. Alternatively I think 1.0.1 could be made in about a month
after the 1.0 release.

My preference is to keep the 1.0 branch frozen unless the 1.0 blocker
issues take more than a week to resolve.

BR,

Jukka Zitting