jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: move site outside of maven?
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 23:11:53 GMT
Hi,

On 3/20/06, Mark Slater <lists@humanesoftware.com> wrote:
> From the perspective of one such (more) occasional user, I would not
> want the main site to change between releases. Once jackrabbit 1.0 or
> 1.1 is released, I'm not likely to continue building from source. So
> when I go to the jackrabbit.apache.org website, I expect to find the
> docs (xref, javadocs, user documentation, etc.) for the current
> release.

I'd rather not freeze the site between releases, but it would
certainly make sense to have frozen doc snapshots of the released
versions.

I think it would make sense to have a stripped down (no xrefs or other
troublesome reports) Maven site as the frequently updated main site,
but include static versions of full docs (Maven sites with full
reports generated using the maven.xdoc.version settings) for each
MAJOR and MINOR release (no need to do that for PATCH releases).

BR,

Jukka Zitting