jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: move site outside of maven?
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:23:38 GMT
Hi,

On 3/15/06, Fabrizio Giustina <fgiust@apache.org> wrote:
> On 3/15/06, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> > In particular, the generators randomly change anchor
> > names for no good reason, which makes oversight of documentation
> > impossible.
>
> This should not happen, where are you seeing this behavior?

I just retried generating the Jackrabbit site using Roy's instructions
from http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel/4586
(only added LANG=en to the maven site:deploy line to get the various
reports in English :-).

I'm seeing at least the following problems:

1) For some reason the checked-out test-xref contain "\.\." sequences
instead of ".." for parent references in stylesheet paths. My build
fixes this problem so this is probably some
problem in Roy's environment.

2) The line numbers in the source cross reference reports cause almost
the entire cross reference file to be modified whenever lines are
added or removed from the source files.

3) The included execution times in the JUnit test report cause the
entire file to be modified whenever the site is generated.

4) My setup seems to generate the class="a" and class="b" attributes
of generated table rows in a different order than Roy's setup.

There are some other problems as well with the generated reports, but
these ones seem to generate the most of the extra changes that make
the site commits virtually unreadable.

BR,

Jukka Zitting