jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: session logout and repository shutdown in JCA
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:01:34 GMT
Hi,

On 3/10/06, Giota Karadimitriou <Giota.Karadimitriou@eurodyn.com> wrote:
> After searching the list I found out about the repository patch
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-245
> which now (according to the jira issue) exists in version 1.0. Therefore
> the repository shutdown is bound to happen when all sessions close.
> This covers the second part of my question I guess.

Note that JCR-245 was resolved by adding the TransientRepository
wrapper class for the main RepositoryImpl class. Automatic repository
shutdown only happens when you use the TransientRepository class.

As far as I know the jackrabbit-jca adapter uses RepositoryImpl
directly and takes care of repository shutdown based on lifecycle
information from the container, so there should be no problems due to
that.

BR,

Jukka Zitting