jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Search performance issue
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:10:11 GMT
C├ędric Damioli wrote:
> IIUC, the document order flag does not affect the query execution time
> (ie Query.execute()), but only the first NodeIterator.nextNode() call.
> Or am I wrong on this ?

no, this is correct.
execution of the query is the same no matter if document order is
enabled or not. document order is established (if needed) on the result
iterator when it is first accessed. exactly as you described.

> In my case, I only consider the execution time, so the
> respectDocumentOrder has no incidence (I have tested with or without it
> and results are the same).
> So in this case, 80 seconds is indeed not acceptable.
>
> I'll file a new new issus as soon as I have finished my benchmarks, to
> be able to give some real statistics.

ok, thanks. can you then please provide information on the structure of
your content? I don't need the exact data, just the rough structure and
amount of content.

regards
  marcel