jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Cédric Damioli <cedric.dami...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Search performance issue
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:17:15 GMT
Hi all,

In my repository, I have a Node named 'content' under which I have an
arbitrary number of Node. Under each of these Nodes, I have one Node
named 'fr'.

My exemple query is simple: I want to get all "fr" Nodes.

1) I executed the following query : "//content/*/fr". The result is ok
but the execution took more than 80s (the whole repository has more than
100 000 Nodes and more than 1 000 000 properties)
2) I executed the query "//content/*" followed by a small Java loop for
getting the "fr" subNode of each result. The whole thing took only a
couple of seconds.

Is it the normal behaviour ? Does the query have to end with "/*" to be
correctly handled by Jackrabbit ?

Regards,

--
Cédric Damioli