jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: No hits returned when searching .txt file
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:25:31 GMT
Hi Thomas,

thomasg wrote:
> Hi, any advice on this would be appreciated. I guess its an easy fix but
> can't find the solution at present. Basically I have a .txt file and a .doc
> file containing the same textual content. When I search for a word contained
> in both files, I only get a hit from the .doc and not the .txt. This is the
> relevant code:
>
> 	Node folderNode = root.addNode("foldernode", "nt:folder");
>                 //Now want to add this file
>
>                 File file = new
> File("C:/DocumentSearchTests/testdocuments/testtextfile.txt");
>                 //Create an nt:file child node called "testfilenode"
>                 Node fileNode = folderNode.addNode(file.getName(),
> "nt:file");
>                 String mimeType = "text/plain";
>                 Node resourceNode = fileNode.addNode("jcr:content",
> "nt:resource");
>                 resourceNode.setProperty("jcr:mimeType", mimeType);
>                 //resourceNode.setProperty("jcr:encoding", "");

if jcr:encoding is missing the jcr:data stream gets read with the
platform encoding. This might not be the same as your text file, e.g. if
your text file uses unicode.

Try the following:
- set an appropriate value for jcr:encoding
or
- make sure that the encoding of your text file matches the jvm platform
encoding.

I suggest you go with the first option because it does not depend on
what the default encoding of the jvm is.

regards
  marcel