jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Fulltext search in jackrabbit
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:36:22 GMT
hsp wrote:
> Is this provided by jackrabbit (internally by lucene I though), or I
> must to do programatically?

full text search is provided by jackrabbit as described in the JCR spec
in section 6.6.5.2.

> I mean, if I want to search the documents
> files, whatever the node is, that have a string "hello world" in any
> part of their contents (binary), can I do this with xpath directly?

a basic query that returns nodes that contain the string 'hello world'
in any of their properties is:

//*[jcr:contains(.,'hello world')]

Please note that only binary properties of nt:resource nodes are
indexed. And that you need a text filter that is able to extract a text
representation of the binary content.

See
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jackrabbit/trunk/textfilters/README.txt

regards