jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Villegas <...@uniscope.jp>
Subject Re: Fwd: Fwd: Copy versioned nodes
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 15:41:19 GMT
David Nuescheler wrote:
> One additional note:
>
> It would be fine to record the "lineage" of the new version-history
> created by the copy, by adding a property to the version-history that
> is a reference to the version from which that new version-history was created.
> We could call it the "copy-source" property.  This copy-source property would
> give folks all the information they need, without violating the change-set
> invariant.  Someone that wants to reconstruct the "cross-copy history", could
> do so by traversing both predecessor references and copy-source references.  If
> we want to doubly link the data structure, we could add a "copy-destination"
> reference, that is the inverse of the copy-source reference.

Well, I may be wrong, but this is what I thought subversion does, and
what I meant in previous post. It's not that the two nodes after the
copy share the same version history but that a node was a different node
in a previous version! The copy itself registers a new version in the
destination, and the precesessor of that version is the version of the
source node at that time, in other words with created a branch. In
subversion, a branch is implemented as a copy.

Carlos