jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Villegas <...@uniscope.jp>
Subject Re: Fwd: Copy versioned nodes
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 08:45:05 GMT
When you copy a versionable node in jackrabbit, is its version history
reset? I mean the new node starts with a fresh version history?
In subversion the version history of the new node (after a copy or move)
starts with the version of the source node at the time of the copy. Thus
when you examined the version history of the copied node, you see the
versions in the new place plus the versions when it was in the old
place. I believe that's why it's not necessary to copy the whole version
history, it's shared by both nodes, up to the time of the copy, and the
fact that it was copied it's also recorded.

Carlos