jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Lucene index stored in database
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 13:13:31 GMT
there used to be an implementation that used a o.a.j.core.fs.FileSystem
but was replaced with the default lucene implementation that directly
writes to and reads from the os filesystem.
see also: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-189

the problem basically was lack of random access support in FileSystem
and definitively with a DB back-end. storing the lucene index in a
database would probably require some sort of replication of the index
files to the local disk to get decent query performance.

regards
  marcel