jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Scheffler <thomas.scheff...@uni-jena.de>
Subject POJO mapping to JCR nodes?
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:35:55 GMT
Hi,

this is my first mail to the dev-list. I was watching the progress of the
development for a while now and was really happy to see jackrabbit became
TLP.
I think after this big milestone for all of you it's a nice starting point for
me to develop something on top. Allready playing with Trails a bit I was
curious if somebody is interested in developing a mapping from plain old java
objects (POJO) to JCR nodes. Maybe such a solution already exists. Here is
what it should go.
You define a class (bean). The bean represents a part of your applications
datamodel. Via reflection (and use of annotations) a nodetype for this class
is generated (and registred). Every instance of this class can than be mapped
to JCR nodes or vice versa.
This will greatly simplify the development process of applications I think.
The whole part of node interaction can be expressed in Java, too. This way you
can abstract you application logic a bit from the JCR layer, even though the
layer itself is an abstraction layer.
I'm very interested in finding out if solutions like this are possible,
practical or maybe already there. What do you think about it?

Closing first mail and opening first thread.

regards

Thomas