jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "hsp" <piccina...@ibest.com.br>
Subject Re: Custom nodetypes, any simple example?
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:46:16 GMT
Torgeir, thanks by your help.
What is the difference between declare a xml file or a cnd file for nodetype definition?
Is the file (xml or cnd) imported automatically or I have to place the file in a specific
place and call some special method?

In the case of nodetypes mentioned, the cnd file would be:
"
// for the "my" namespace.

<my = 'http://www.mycompany/my/1.0'>

[my:timelife] mixin  //I don't know if its the appropriate kind of node, but....

- my:timeini (date) mandatory
- my:timeend (date) mandatory
"

and the xml file would be:
"
<nodeTypes xmlns:my="http://www.mycompany/my/1.0">
  <nodeType name="my:timelife" isMixin="false" hasOrderableChildNodes="false" primaryItemName="">
    <supertypes>
      <supertype>nt:resource</supertype>
      <supertype>nt:content</supertype>
    </supertypes>
    <propertyDefinition name="my:timeini" requiredType="Date" autoCreated="false" mandatory="true"
onParentVersion="COPY" protected="false" multiple="false" />
    <propertyDefinition name="my:timeend" requiredType="Date" autoCreated="false" mandatory="true"
onParentVersion="COPY" protected="false" multiple="false" />
  </nodeType>
</nodeTypes>
"
Regards