jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Heute <the...@jboss.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Copy versioned nodes
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 08:40:25 GMT
On Friday 03 March 2006 09.14, David Nuescheler wrote:
> hi thomas,
>
> i think this is an interesting usecase that you mention.
>
> clearly jcr does not expect such an operation, and i have to admit
> in my experience (cms) it was never necessary to copy the version
> history. also, since geoff clemm as the main driver of the versioning
> portion of the jcr spec has never mentioned such a need, despite
> his extensive background in config management, i wonder if
> this has a deeper reason.

This is all about user experience, i am asking this for the JBoss Portal CMS
based on Jackrabbit and to be honnest with you i am not sure what the user
would want to do by copying.
As of today, all files are versioned but only one is publicly available (a
tagged version). It means that you can have your live revision that is not
the latest revision, when you copy that file, i think the end-user will
expect to copy the live revision.

It a more general manner, copying a tagged revision of a tree could be an
interesting feature to propose. I am new to CMS and probably have some weird
ideas in that field.

Thanks for your interest David.

Thomas.