jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Paco Avila <pav...@git.es>
Subject Re: some troubles with search
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 08:03:37 GMT
El jue, 23-03-2006 a las 00:14 +0100, Paco Avila escribió:
> I put an text file in the repository and the search return the found
> document (I put a text file called "prueba.txt" with MIME "plain/text").
> But if I put a PDF file (with MIME "application/pdf") no data is
> returned. It seems that Lucence can't find the desired word because it
> don't use the correct file filter. Sample code below.
>
> The JAR jackrabbit-textfilters is in the CLASSPATH, so I don't know what
> to do.

Now works: I've to modify SearchIndex.java and add the other text
filters to DEFAULT_TEXT_FILTERS:

/**
 * Default text filters.
 */
public static final String DEFAULT_TEXT_FILTERS =
TextPlainTextFilter.class.getName()+
",org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.PdfTextFilter,org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.MsWordTextFilter"+
",org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.OpenOfficeTextFilter";

Is this the right way? I don't think this is a good practice :(

--
Paco Avila
GIT Consultors