jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject passing init values to an AccessManager?
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 12:37:17 GMT
How can I add configuration parameters for an AccessManager
implementation? If I use the example suggested in the example
repository.xml file, I'd have

<AccessManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleAccessManager">
    <param name="config" value="${rep.home}/access.xml"/> -->
</AccessManager>

But how is the config value communicated to the AccessManager instance?

I assume that RepositoryConfig.getAccessManagerConfig() is involved
somehow, but how do I get to that class from inside an AccessManager?

Furthermore, what is the lifetime for an AccessManager? If they are
created and discarded each time they are used, where do I do my initial
configuration parsing etc?

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com>