jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Renoir <renoir.chu...@sti.com.tw>
Subject Re: Beginners JTA question
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 03:59:34 GMT

Costin Leau <costin.leau <at> gmail.com> writes:

> You might want to check the JCR support part of the Spring Modules
> (https://springmodules.dev.java.net) CVS.
> It includes local transactional support and sample for both local and
> JTA driven (through JCA) transactions.
>
> > Sorry if this question is a newbie to JTA question, but I have been
> > looking at the jackrabbit code and I can't figure the following out.
>

> > I want to use Jackrabbit in my BEA container and use JTA to coordinate
> > the transaction with Jackrabbit and my other JTA transactional
> > resources.  The other resources already are plugged into the BEA world
> > and code uses the BEA UserTransaction to coordinate the interaction
> > between these resources.
>

> > The short question is how do I wire up Jackrabbit to work in this world?
>

> > From what I see (and I can be completely looking in the wrong spot),
> > Jackrabbit uses XASessionImpl to appear as a XAResource, and I see in
> > XATest how the Jackrabbit UserTransactionImpl is used to get a
> > Jackrabbit specific UserTransaction, but I already have my own
> > UserTransaction (well BEA's).
>

> > Am I missing something obvious?  I just don't see how I can get
> > Jackrabbit to play in my UserTransaction world....
>

> > Thanks for the help,
>
> > Kevin

I try to deploy the jackrabbit ica 1.0 to BEA WLS8.1SP3, but there
is error when I start the WLS,

<Warning> <Connector> <sti-renoir> <cgServer> <main> <<WLS
Kernel>> <> <BEA-
190032> << Jackrabbit JCR Adapter_comp/env/jcr/repository >
ResourceAllocationException of java.lang.NullPointerException on
createManagedConnection.>
<Warning> <Connector> <sti-renoir> <cgServer> <main> <<WLS
Kernel>> <> <BEA-
190024> << Jackrabbit JCR Adapter_comp/env/jcr/repository > Error making
initial connections for pool. Reason: java.lang.NullPointerException>

  I check the JNDI tree there is the entry I specify, but don't know why
the "NullPointerException" occur?

  The complete weblogic_ra.xml list as follow:
<!DOCTYPE weblogic-connection-factory-dd PUBLIC '-//BEA Systems, Inc.//DTD
WebLogic 8.1.0
Connector//EN' 'http://www.bea.com/servers/wls810/dtd/weblogic810-ra.dtd'>
<weblogic-connection-factory-dd>
  <connection-factory-name>contentRepository</connection-factory-name>
  <jndi-name>comp/env/jcr/repository</jndi-name>
  <pool-params>
    <initial-capacity>1</initial-capacity>
    <max-capacity>10</max-capacity>
    <capacity-increment>1</capacity-increment>
    <shrinking-enabled>true</shrinking-enabled>
    <connection-profiling-enabled>false</connection-profiling-enabled>
    <shrink-frequency-seconds>900</shrink-frequency-seconds>
    <inactive-connection-timeout-seconds>0</inactive-connection-timeout-seconds>
    <highest-num-waiters>2147483647</highest-num-waiters>
    <highest-num-unavailable>0</highest-num-unavailable>
    <connection-creation-retry-frequency-seconds>0</connection-creation-retry-
frequency-seconds>
    <connection-reserve-timeout-seconds>10</connection-reserve-timeout-seconds>
    <test-frequency-seconds>0</test-frequency-seconds>
    <match-connections-supported>true</match-connections-supported>
  </pool-params>
</weblogic-connection-factory-dd>

Renoir